|Educational offerings for members of PHLIP SP and PHT
|On September 18 from 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m., TRA GSC is hosting a webinar for members of PHLIP SP, on Using HVA to Prioritize Risk Mitigation. Prioritizing your proactive risk management efforts can be overwhelming. This webinar will help participants find a place to start by identifying and demonstrating several tools that can be used to give their identified risks numeric scores: Hazard Vulnerability Assessment (HVA), risk ranking, risk scoring, and heat maps will be described and demonstrated for the participants. A sample risk inventory will be scored, and an example will be provided, showing how the scores can drive an annual risk management plan.
Later in the month, on September 27, a Slip/Trip/Fall Champions & Walkway Auditors Workshop for members of Palmetto Hospital Trust will be held at TRA GSC in Columbia. Slips, trips, and falls continue to be the number one category of losses to Palmetto Hospital Trust members. This workshop will enable member champions and competent walkway auditors to enhance their skills related to the entire slip, trip, fall auditing process. Participants will learn and discuss trends within the Trust related to slip, trip, and fall incidents and will discuss the status of the Trust slip, trip, fall prevention program. We will also hear from Trust members about how they have succeeded in driving down slip, trip, fall events.
- Identify two tools to score your known risks.
- Describe how to apply a risk scoring tool to your organizational risk list.
- Identify how to use the scored risks to plan your risk management strategies.
For more information on either program, please contact Janine Wall, ARM, AIS, GBA, director of marketing at TRA GSC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understand the current trends in slip, trip, fall events within the Trust
- Describe the importance of immediate investigations of slip, trip, fall events in remediation of the hazard and prevention of future similar events
- Describe various auditing strategies