|Upcoming workshops for PHT members
|On Thursday, August 30, 2018 in Columbia, TRA GSC will host a Safe Patient Handling Champions & Coaches Workshop: Taking a Walk Through the ANA Interprofessional National Standards. The safe handling, transferring and mobility of patients and residents is a major concern due to the risk of injury to both patients/residents and healthcare workers.
This PHT member-only workshop is specifically designed to acquaint healthcare professionals with innovative strategies and practices that have proven effective in reducing employee and patient/resident injuries from these types of incidents. Reducing these injuries translates to enhanced patient outcomes and employee safety. This year we are specifically looking at how healthcare institutions can enhance their current patient/resident handling and mobility programs by utilizing best practices outlined in the ANA’s Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Interprofessional National Standards.
The following month, on September 27, a Slip/Trip/Fall Champions & Walkway Auditors Workshop for members of Palmetto Hospital Trust will be held at TRA GSC in Columbia. Slips, trips, and falls continue to be the number one category of losses to Palmetto Hospital Trust members. This workshop will enable member champions and competent walkway auditors to enhance their skills related to the entire slip, trip, fall auditing process. Participants will learn and discuss trends within the Trust related to slip, trip, and fall incidents and will discuss the status of the Trust slip, trip, fall prevention program. We will also hear from Trust members about how they have succeeded in driving down slip, trip, fall events.
- List the eight elements of the ANA’s guidelines
- Discuss your facility’s current patient/resident handling program and written policy and compare with the ANA guidelines
- Describe the best practices within the ANA guidelines as they specifically relate to the role of coaches, training & competency, and ongoing program evaluation.
For more information on either program, please contact Janine Wall, ARM, AIS, GBA, director of marketing at TRA GSC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understand the current trends in slip, trip, fall events within the Trust
- Describe the importance of immediate investigations of slip, trip, fall events in remediation of the hazard and prevention of future similar events
- Describe various auditing strategies